Thursday, March 5, 2009

Alex's Birthday - the Big 5!!








I know I'm late to report this, but Alex turned five. I'm a little short on enthusiasm, mostly because I don't want my baby to get any older.
We celebrated by taking a trip to Coronado Heights. Aunt Trish, Aunt Delaine, George's cousin Doralynn, Jacob, Joseph, Samantha, Alex and of course Hershey all participated. Joseph proved himself to be quite a trailblazer, often leading. He would occasionally find a path that ventured under a large pine tree with branches touching the ground, not realizing that adult are not three feet tall. We followed anyway, and it was a blast.
We ate lunch on top of the "castle". It was a beautiful day, despite it being February 20th. Really breezy, but warm enough to wear shorts and a t shirt.
The next day we took a group of kids to see Bolt in the theater. Nicole, Mac, Corbin, Cammie, Trish, Joseph, Sais, Alora, Delaine, George, Alex, Sam and myself all went. Directly afterwards we went home and had a pizza party. I should have gotten more pictures, but my camera ran out of battery while we were singing "Happy Birthday." Aunt Trish made the awesome guitar cake, of course.

When I later asked Alex what was more fun, she told me that Coronado Heights and the movie were equally fun. I guess we'll be having more picnics this summer.

1 comment:

LivG said...

Wow, the big 5! I have mixed feelings about Sean turning 4 this Summer, so I understand your lack of enthusiasm:)

I love picnics at Coronado! That looks like it was a ton of fun for everyone!

A great cake by Trish again:) Yummm