Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Packing for Grandma's house and Potty Language






Today I gave the girls their bags and told them to pack for Grandma's house, thinking it would keep them busy for a good half hour while George and I made supper. Well, I was wrong. A minute or two later I see Sam walking toward the back door with her bag slung over he shoulder, almost too heavy for her to carry. A minute later, Alex and Sam have lined up the shoes they are going to take: 12 pairs in all.
Later investigation of their bags revealed some insight into what they had planned on taking to Grandma's house. Sam had 11 shirts, 6 pairs of shorts, 7 dresses, a lamb, a princess crown and a sea shell. And her blankie of course. She had packed two bags in all. Alex had 3 pairs of shorts, 4 skirts, 6 shirts, 11 pairs of panties, a princess crown and her pooh bear.


Later on, there was much hype and discussion following a comment (made by George) about Sam's undies. I figured that I may as well have some decent blackmail material in case the girls ever have a high school graduation ceremony...


Warning: this short film involves potty talk... a lot of it. If you are somehow offended by potty talk, shield your ears. Yes folks, Alex is that charming in real life.

Alex asked me at dinner, "Did you know that Curious George was made possible by viewers like you?" I've come to realize that PBS has entered my child's brain...and possibly warped it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's stinkin hilarious!

LivG said...

Gasp! Such language LoL!

Annie Henry said...

Yes....gasp. So I'm guessing the video was loading for ya'll?